Price Of Used Tanks

Broken tank is worthless unless you find someone who keeps reptiles, then you can get money for it maybe.

Filters are worth maybe 50 each

Good tanks generally go for a buck or two a gallon, unless they have some special gimmick like thicker glass, bow front or rimless.

Lights and canopy can vary greatly. But if they are just standard then tack another 40 50 bones on for them.

Obviously it would be smart to just look in the classified section and come to a conclusion yourself based on what other people are selling.

But don't base your price on what you paid new, pet peeve of mine is buying used stuff and people having way to high of a evaluated price based on the fact they spent 1200$ on a 40 gal from some rip off store.

Do the 5 min of research and see what other people are selling the same stuff for.

Eheim 2215 is currently going for 100$ in Edmonton. Typically 1$/gallon on AlbertaAquatica, unless the tank is in perfect condition, often more if out on kijiji. Broken tank, no idea.

Edited by Iceturf

Tonnes of stuff on kijiji right now. If anything says 'broken' it will be over looked or people will want it for a song. The 95 as it needs to be redone, its a project tank and you will never get what you might think you want. Throw it up for $50 and see if people want it at that (you will get lower offers I'm sure of it). From the picture, the light is it the old t8 tech? If so then the light is just worth maybe $20-$30 again IMO as that tech is basically is now garbage for tanks. Condition is everything. If it's caked with calcium and looks like garbage for anything you sell, you'll get garbage offers.

The 75, is it with scratches on the glass? Is all the plastic trim beat up? Condition is everything. If it looks bad I doubt you'll get $1/gal. If it's perfect I'd think that is reasonable for being used.

If the filters are mint then perhaps start with 75 but be prepared for lower offers and possibly longer ad times. Don't think you'll get what you want and don't put everything for sale together as a full package.