Looking For Advise Setting Up For Some Mbuna!

Janoch

image_zps8ovhbqwn.jpeg

Started with a few yellow tail acei as well as a BEAUTIFUL trio of male yellow labs, then payed a visit to a local breeder who had a remarkable assortment of different zebras. They're all still juvenile yet but I couldn't help myself, especially for the price he was selling them!... I definitially don't want to end up with a bunch of hybrids so once these guys start to show gender I will be looking to separate the different species of metriaclima. In the meantime there is peace amongst them all with an alpha labidochromis funny enough. or maybe I should just look into rehoming all the females..? Has anybody had any success in a male display tank of these or similar species?

Thanks Fishy! I got it off kijiji (turned out the seller was an old friend) he was using it as a reef tank until he had to take it down, gave me a good deal but it came at the price of a late night with a bottle of vinegar and a lot of scrubbing. Especially the sump! It's an aqueon proflex model 3 I believe, lots of places for salt water crud to build up. Couldn't get the faceplate of the overflow bulkhead clean. Figure it would probably end up looking like that in a few months anyways.. Maybe I'll replace it once the tanks a bit more established

• 3 weeks later...

Started up a YouTube channel to kind of chronicle my experiences with Mbuna so far as well as to pass over some tips and research on different species, let me know what you think 😜

Edited by Janoch