Sick African Peacock

VT231

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info the yellow regal is still alive treating him with methylene blue earlier and another fungal medicine but switch the medications after 3 weeks to metro. Have experience with these?

Yes I've treated fungal with methylene blue in combination with kanaplex (http://www.seachem.com/kanaplex.php) for two 6" koi in a 10g hospital tank. Really bad fungal on tail (about a third was gone). In the 1st week it got even worse! I thought they had no hope. 2nd week reduced to about the same as introduction to medication. 3rd week almost all gone.

I may have added metroplex as a precaution for any secondary bacterial infections that attack weakened fish, but the use of metroplex (http://www.seachem.com/metroplex.php) is not intended for fungal and I stopped anti-bacterial treatment after the stated treatment period on the bottle. Koi are pretty hardy so I used all 3 in conjunction. I believe after 3-4 weeks from initial treatment the fungal went away.

I had a bronze cory with dorsal fin fungus too. I can't remember if I used kanaplex, but I definitely dosed with methylene blue and salt. Milder fungus but took about 2-3 weeks as well in a lot of methylene blue.

I hope you are using enough methylene blue? The back of the bottle is only for eggs. If you are worried just add it slowly in phases.

Hope its getting better.

After reading the bottle again your right it's for eggs. Any info how much should I dose? I use 1 teaspoon per 10 gal.

I think I used about that amount. Or 10 drops/10gal - take out carbon filter. I just read it prevents (more) fungal, but you should use an anti-fungal medication to treat.

By the way, you can use FURAN-2 or Bifuran in conjunction with Kanaplex if you are not seeing progress with just kana.

Edited by elf_poop