Tropheus Help

FunkSolid

https://postimg.org/image/65mf2d3xr/

I recently purchased a group of tropheus from another AA member and many of them have sunken underbelly's. Its the typical presentation where from the pelvic fins to the anal opening there is a very clear depression, and their colors are poor as well which makes me think they are not in good health (internal parasites?). 20 of them are in a 140G with pristine water quality (0ppm - NH3/NH4+, NO2-) Nitrates less than 20ppm, pH 8.3) many Rundle stone hiding spots, and sand substrate.

I'm feeding them 80% NLS AlgaeMax 1mm pellets, with 20% NLS Cichlid formula 1mm pellets.

How would you treat/approach this?

Thanks

Andrew

Edited by FunkSolid

You can try clout , espom salt treatments or flubendazole , but once the color is gone from the fish it usually means they have internal damage and will probably never fully recover. If you get new fish from the same source you must hit them with meds right away as they will be carrying the same pathogens. The pathogens often remain dormant until the fish are stressed and surprisingly even things like very clean water if coming from heavily stocked grow out tanks can trigger the stress.

NLS has a food that contains garlic called Thera+A. Solved the same issue with my trophs. Melafix is a great med. for bacterial issues, causes a bit of a smell since it is a plant extract, but it works and the smell is gone once treatment stops and yer back to a regular water change schedual.

:beer:

K