Aquarium Adventures!

chlwong

I'm still relatively new to this hobby. I only started last December and have enjoyed every minute of it.
I currently have 6 tanks set up and have been playing around with my camera to get some good shots.
I guess this will simply be a thread to showcase some of my stuff!
Hope you all enjoy them as much as I do!

Looking forward to see the actual images and perhaps a tip or two of photography tricks you picked up along the way.

One of my first tanks was a cherry shrimp tank.
2 months in, they were healthy and thriving!

___________________________________________________________________________​_______________________________________________

VMa9vqu.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________​_______________________________________________

JAIUgTU.jpg__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

wdAWKcT.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DS26ako.jpg

Looking forward to see the actual images and perhaps a tip or two of photography tricks you picked up along the way.

My biggest tip to anyone is patience. It took many many many tries to get a good clear shot of anything.

I'm still experimenting with taking pictures of full tanks and their scapes. This will take some time as my main camera is currently being repaired, but for now I have my spare camera and my macro lens that will let me take some close ups of the livestock I have!

I'm also liking macro a lot and for smaller critters you can often move the lens flush against the glass to avoid reflections from windows and flash. Now that the days get shorter hopefully it will also get easier to take full tank shots before/after sunrise/sunset.

The shrimp pictures are very nice. Never had any myself but need to give the a try some time in the future.