Concept Aquarium Freshwater?

RyanT

I read a bit about Riverfront teaming up with Concept many months ago but haven't heard much since. The webpage is pretty bare-bones, has anyone been around recently who can comment on the current state of things?

How do they compare to Pisces in terms of selection/price?

Been there but not impressed. Seems like same old but could have been on a bad day?!

I always advocate local people as much as possible however if a big box pet store is wanted with all the product selection then it seems alas, that Pisces is the only game in town.

Edited by ckmullin

I'm confused as to how Pisces is a big box pet store. Are they not still locally owned and operated?

Not needed to have locations right across Canada for them to act like they are. They are in fact the largest pet store in Calgary in my opinion. This isn't a prop for them as they at times give horrible advice however that advice more that not is 'more' correct than petlands or petsmarts.

Petlands and Petsmarts are clones of the same product...to me in Calgary there is one petland and one petsmart also one Pisces. Again I'm not a huge fan of them but they are the best show in town for choice.

Pisces for me is the most inflated pet store in Calgary. Sure they do have a great selection of products. Unless I'm trying buy items not offered in Petland or Petsmart, I'll go to other store. I bought anubias barteri var. coffeefolia from petland two for $10 and the same plant size in netted pot, Pisces is selling for $25.

However, in term of quality and selection of fishes, I trust Pisces. Regarding staffs, Pisces have a lot of teenagers working in the aquarium department that know nothing about fishes, especially in busy weekend.