FunkSolid

Fluval FX6 Flow?

Just purchased a FX6 (Petsmart had an unbelievable deal for $275) and I am wanting to setup this filter correctly, so that the fine mechanical media is placed BEFORE my bio so that the pores in the bio dont clog up with crap (As per PondGuru). Considering this, do I place the fine mech on the top tray or bottom? I dont use chemical media so the center is just gonna be fine mech + bio.

Thanks Friends

Check out the DIY Forum for a great FX5 Mod - I'm running it on my 125g Tang tank and love how much MORE biomedia I can fit!

On 1/17/2017 at 10:33 AM, FunkSolid said:

Just purchased a FX6 (Petsmart had an unbelievable deal for $275) and I am wanting to setup this filter correctly, so that the fine mechanical media is placed BEFORE my bio so that the pores in the bio dont clog up with crap (As per PondGuru). Considering this, do I place the fine mech on the top tray or bottom? I dont use chemical media so the center is just gonna be fine mech + bio.

Thanks Friends

The water flows from the bottom of the outside portion up and then down through the center portion (media trays). So place fine sponge at the top of the baskets near the top lid. FYI always place a fine pad at the very bottom tray in the bottom of the tray to prevent any crumbs from your bio media from entering the impeller and damaging the pump.

Has the Fx6  turned out to be worth the price. Am in the process of buying a large canister and can't find anyone who docent like it.

I have been very impressed with the FX6. Its super quiet, flows beautifully, and is easy to maintain. I would certainly recommend it to anyone.