What kind of snail is this?? ID

Jo3l

I replied to you FB thread while on my phone. Now that I'm on the computer with a bigger monitor, I'm quite sure it's an assassin.  How hard is the shell?  If it's quite hard, that'll be the tell I'm looking for.

Nice thanks j vision! This is still very weird. I'm 99% sure they must be assassin's.  the only this that had me wondering is reading about assassin's and how they usually lay very few eggs and some how I have close to 30 of these little guys all around the same size. Again I haven't had any snails In this tank for a year and a half at least the next all of a sudden I start to see these tiny almost air bubbles looking things. 

Not a bad thing as I have other tanks over run with Ramsey horn.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just looking for some info on what I believe to be the same type of snail, my question is; has anyone had snails like these spontaneously appear in a tank? I haven't added any fish in 3 months, plants in over a year and no new decorations either. 

I have 2 tanks sharing a sump and the snails, about 100 or more 1-2.5mm just appeared in only one of the tanks.  I watch my tanks closely and today is the first time I have seen them.  

Sorry my pics are worse  

IMG_2201.JPG

image.jpg

• 3 years later...

I literally just came on here to ask a similar question.  I have rams-horn snails and am over run with them in one of my tanks.  Suddenly, I'm seeing some of these little guys popping up in one tank.  I'm not complaining as I was just going to look into getting assassin snails.  I've not added new plants or animals for months.  But nature knew somehow.

20201217_184322.jpg

Edited by HeatherD