Cycled, Established, Mature

maligne

Im going to plant my tank so I thought I would post this here. Cycled. I understand the nitrogen cycle that needs no explanation. But I here the words established and mature thrown around a lot. Are they just different words for the same thing? or do they have different meanings all together 

In my experience...

Cycled - A tank that is older than 30 days (on average) that has the ability to produce Nitrates. A tank that you could probably start adding fish to.

Established / Mature - A tank that is proven to be chemically stable, and has been reliable over an extended period of time. A tank that you could probably ad expensive fish to.

HTH

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:40 PM, FunkSolid said:

In my experience...

Cycled - A tank that is older than 30 days (on average) that has the ability to produce Nitrates. A tank that you could probably start adding fish to.

Established / Mature - A tank that is proven to be chemically stable, and has been reliable over an extended period of time. A tank that you could probably ad expensive fish to.

HTH

Andrew

great info, thanks