Protato   

I am currently feeding my CPDs crushed flake food. Can anyone recommend another food type to help vary the diet and make them feel more comfortable in the tank?

Thanks

Microworms, baby brine shrimp, daphina.  These are all tiny and the last two can be bought in frozen cubes, microworms are really easy to culture.

jvision   

There are a few brands of food that make a micropellet - my favorite is New Life Spectrum

Protato   

I find the pellets drop too fast and my fish won't eat them off the substrate. Maybe I should turn my filter off during feeding?

jvision   

The live foods mentioned above stay in the water column a while, and when frozen they don't sink very fast - sounds like your best bet.

Protato   

The frozen foods sound good. Since I have never used them before, are they easy to section into small servings?

Yes you can break up the cubes while frozen, put them in a bag and give then a whack with something, then you can defrost smaller portions as needed.

Protato   

I bought some frozen Daphnia and they love it. It floats throughout the water column perfectly

Thanks for the advice.

Awesome, apparently it's pretty easy to get a live culture going as well and can be done in a 5 gal bucket. I think I'm going to try that soon.