Red bump / sore?!? please help!!!

Nem0

I was looking at my zebra Plecos and noticed one has a red sore or bump on the side of its head and also tiny red spots like 3-4 within the general area. 

I have had fish for a very long time and never have I encountered this. I will attach the best photo I could take. 

I dosed with erythromycin from Api as red sores seem to be on the list of treatment. 

Please if anyone knows what this is or how to treat it?! 

20170420_050436.jpg

An infected wound. I haven't medicated my fish for years, so I only know off hand what would help. I do know people who've had success spot treating fish with malachite green, but that was a while ago - not even sure it's available anymore as I believe some ingredients are carcinogenic

• 4 weeks later...

Infected wound  or any sickness  Hospital tank and keep the water really really clean,  UV light if you can, a smidgen of salt can't hurt.  daily full water changes with exactly the same temp of water to avoid stress,  NLS whichamacallit  food for sick fish.  that's what I would do to start