hello from Edmonton

RedPhoenix

im planning to fill my tanks with high breed guppies in the coming months ( 2 10g, a 15g and a 12g ) any ideas where i can avail them? i cant access Canadian Quality Guppies site, its base in Ontario, most of the breeders in the US are restricted to ship unless you are really into distribution and have a big volume to order......help please.......

They were selling a surprisingly large collection of guppies at the ACE auction earlier this year. I don't know much about them in terms of special breeds but I got the impression there were special ones among them based on the prices they were selling for. There should be another auction this Fall.

Curtis Jerrom in Calgary is selling the following:

Endler Guppy – N-Type – 3.00ea (14)- males only

Green Cobra Endler Guppy – 3.00ea (12)- males only

Red Tuxedo Guppy – 3.00ea (17)- males only

ACE (http://www.edmontonfish.com/) is the Aquarium Club of Edmonton and they organise two auctions a year, March/April and Sep/Oct periods. When one is coming up it will be announced the ACE website, here and elsewhere. There are always tons of fish, plants, and equipment up for sale. Entrance is free and anyone can bid. You have to be a member of ACE or other Canadian aquarium club to sell. ACE also has monthly club evenings on first Tuesday of the month in the Allendale community league, with a guest speaker, raffle, etc. Membership also gives you extra discount at Big Al's which more than pays for the $25 membership cost for me. Most important you get to meet a lot of locals with experience on a wide variety of types of tank and know-how on what to get where.