Tank repair needed...where & who

So my husband surprised me with a tank for Christmas.  I think he got it off someone on kijiji.  I wasn't in a position to get it setup right away so its been sitting in the living room since then.  I was a bit distressed by this "gift" as it has a massive patch job done on the bottom of the tank but he was assured that it held water.   Turns out that was not the truth.  Filled it up last weekend to test out a filter and make sure it would hold water and it leaks.  My husband pipes up and says "we can just add some more silicone or re-silicone it".  If you knew my husband you would be very scared by that statement.  If it had been me I would have left the tank where it was as soon as I saw the damage but its here now so where can I have it looked at and determined if it is possible to repair? Its not easy to move around the tank is 72x18x30 so essentially 170 gallons. Or is it cheaper just to replace the tank?  I have not purchased a new tank for awhile.    Its just a plain tank no modifications.  We are located in Airdrie.

I believe there is a sticky on resealing on the forum....fairly easy,  remove old with utility knife, don't cut under the glass, clean well......green tape the seams and re-caulk. Not a good idea to put more silicone.

OH its not just a resealing issue I think the original glass on the bottom is cracked.  Whoever made the repair just applied a bunch of silicone over the damaged area, placed another piece of glass over it and then applied a crap load of more silicone around the "patch". 

Silicon alone cannot be used to repair a crack, you'll need another piece of glass that goes beyond the end of the crack.  Put enough silicon on the patch that it oozes out the sides, put a weight on it, clean up the ooze, and let it cure for a few days.  That will hold.

It should... but THIS time, make sure to cross your fingers AND toes!