Is this forum dead?

A lot of "I need to know this right now" questions go to facebook groups. More substantial posts are better suited for forums IMO but the fact that you can't post images, or at least are very limited in space, on this forum means I have started to post on my own blog or other more specific forums for my topics of interest.

6 hours ago, biodives said:

A lot of "I need to know this right now" questions go to facebook groups. More substantial posts are better suited for forums IMO but the fact that you can't post images, or at least are very limited in space, on this forum means I have started to post on my own blog or other more specific forums for my topics of interest.

Bart, I always used Photobucket to post images. Photobucket (or other image sites) gives you almost unlimited storage, and a simple link loads the full size image in the post.

On 7/17/2017 at 4:44 PM, jvision said:

Bart, I always used Photobucket to post images. Photobucket (or other image sites) gives you almost unlimited storage, and a simple link loads the full size image in the post.

My Dutch predisposition at being "cheap" balks at $6/month and even if there are free sites I am not inclined to use them. The younger generation may not have such inhibitions but I see few images on this site.

Completely off topic but hey it's my post lol. I am trying to plan stocking for my next aquarium build. Will be 120+. Not sure on the size and that can be somewhat flexible. My wife really wants cichlids of some kind. Pretty much anything I want doesn't play nice with others or I need a ridiculously huge tank or it's banned...  So I guess my question is what can I (if anything) put with cichlids? I was thinking maybe a bichir of some kind?? Any input would be appreciated.

Some cichlids don't play nice with others and/or need a ridiculously huge tank. So perhaps there are cichlids both of you like (central american cichlids, pike cichlids, ...). If your wife likes the colourful gentler cichlids like dwarfs, discus, angels then get a second smaller tank for those and put bad-asses in the bad-@$$ tank. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2017 at 6:44 PM, Iceturf said:

@biodives: Curious - I'm generally against certain internet freeisms that abuses user data - but what do you mean in particular 

More accounts, passwords, complications, in addition to potential unintended (ab)use of user data. I run a google cloud webserver (biodives.com) where I have full control what happens with my data and who gets to access it. Just not enough time to develop is as much as I'd like.