Hello

FindingNemo

Posted July 31, 2017

Hello all, I'm a returning hobbest that's bin in and out over the years. I'm from Edmonton, thanks for letting me join the AA, I think I have a problem,lol. I have 2 10g tanks, 1 45gallon (working on setting up now) and a 55g ish tank. ( remember the tanks at pj pet store, when I worked for petamart they bot out pj store and I got one of the tanks, the one with the bow front.) 

I never keeper fish for long as I always had problems with filters and pumps, heaters crapping out, we'll I'm gonna give it another go, I'm  setting up my 45, I've built a new stand and wet/dry. ( pics to come) gonna try my first planted tank :)

ps if I left out anything you would like to know, just ask :)

2019 Happy new year everyone, i am back again.

life has been really busy, but i am happy to say i did setup the 45 gallon with a diy 30 gallon sump. I ended up doing guppies this time around, and started with about 20, i now have around 100 (guessing hard to count with them swimming around). They have been move to a new tank, a 38 gallon and are doing really well, its a bit of a mess as i have moved all the tanks to the basement and am still working on cleaning everything up.

I'm in the process of setting up the 45 again but with a new look, and I'm leaning towards doing some gold fish  maybe some Telescope or Fancy Fantail or Shubunkin or Ryukin or maybe a combination ( if possible, still doing home work. i want to do things right and not rush things like i have in the past)

and i plan to set up a 10 gallon for a half moon betta 

I've never uploaded pics here im hoping they order in oldes to newest :)  

so it should be : old 45 setup, new set up, 38 gallon. 

mmm its not letting me so ill post them as reply's

Edited by FindingNemo

Nice to see another Edmonton member. I can't help you with the 4 tanks (and counting?) addiction problem but you shouldn't have to drop out of the hobby due to failing equipment. I'd recommend to always buy new heaters for tanks that matter, or consider a room temp tank. I personally don't use filters but a sponge filter or matten filter with air pump should be quite reliable. You can run all four tanks off of two air pumps and if one where to fail the one air pump could run all four until you get a replacement. I like the Eheim pumps that are very quiet and the bigger ones already have 2 outlets with adjustable flow. Whatever way you go, enjoy the fun in figuring out what you want and then see it all come together.

• 2 weeks later...