Hello! I am Back Again!

es355lucille

Hi again Guys and Gals, I said hi back in 2014 and never did get my aquarium back up and running. Well this winter I am working on my fish room. I put in an exhaust fan and am changing the electrical around. Hoping to get this thing running this year! Anyone into African Cichlids on this forum? Let me know what you hold and are you having fun with them.

Thanks

Brad

I have quite a few. All malawi cichlids with exception to my multi shell dwellers. I have a range of different mbuna species... cyno afra, some purlmutt, demasoni, soulosi, white top hara,  elongatus....etc...

I think 7 or 8 different aulonoca and 4 or 5 types of haps.

This is all spread throughout 6 aquariums, biggest is 150 gallon. I can't really say which is my favorite but I do really love mbuna. I suppose it would be a toss up between the hara and afra because they can change their color so fast. literally within seconds a male can go from blend in mode to I am the boss mode. I have never seen any fish change color so fast as cynotilapia.

Edited by dezemer

13 hours ago, ckmullin said:

Hello and welcome to AA.  Yes, there are a number of africian cichlid enthusiasts here.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, jvision said:

I have a Tanganyikan community with Cyps, Paracyps, Xenotilapia and some Synos

Nice, I had a look at those fish online. Tanganyikan fish are very unique looking. 

5 hours ago, dezemer said:

I would actually like to start a Tanganyikan community similar to jvision though.

If you have a 65+gal tank, shoot me a PM.  Most of my fish are breeding well and I can sell you some

On 2018-02-17 at 9:03 AM, dezemer said:

I have quite a few. All malawi cichlids with exception to my multi shell dwellers. I have a range of different mbuna species... cyno afra, some purlmutt, demasoni, soulosi, white top hara,  elongatus....etc...

I think 7 or 8 different aulonoca and 4 or 5 types of haps.

This is all spread throughout 6 aquariums, biggest is 150 gallon. I can't really say which is my favorite but I do really love mbuna. I suppose it would be a toss up between the hara and afra because they can change their color so fast. literally within seconds a male can go from blend in mode to I am the boss mode. I have never seen any fish change color so fast as cynotilapia.

That sounds interesting. I am trying to decide on a couple of different species as breeding groups or a male only tank. I really like the mbuna, peacocks and haps.......as thats what's readily available at most LFS's. I was looking at the Tanganyikan and Victoria fish as well. I get confused after a few hours of looking and researching. What is your favourite mbuna?  I noticed a fish the other day, I am thinking its a peacock.....Otopharynx tetrastigma....wow