Nandopsis

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ugh...here we go....

Wild caught Savoryi, Brichardi, Leleupi, Kigoma Frontosa, Burundi Frontosa, Fryeri (electric blues), Malieri, Hansbenschi, Maleri, O.B.'s, Ruby red, Caeruleus, Perlmutt, Discus, Rams, Kribs, Polit, Maingano, Demasoni, Saulosi, Msobo, Mpanga, Acei and Freibergi.....I think I got them all.....hopefully! :D

I have one display 50 gallon african cichlid tank (mainly malawi) with 1 female Labidochromis caeruleus, 1 male Metriaclima callainos , 2 female "super red" Metriaclima estherae, 1 male "iceburg" Sciaenochromis fryeri , 1 blood parrot, 1 female Pseudotropheus saulosi, 1 male Aulonocara sp. "eureka, 1 male Otopharynx lithobates, and one 7in cholocate albino pleco :rolleyes: . VERY colorful when they come up to the surface during feeding time.

I also have a divided 40 gallon breeding tank with one group of albino ruby red aulonocara and one group of albino eureka red aulonocara.

I know that my tanks are overstocked but they have been doing fine for a couple of years. :rolleyes:

http://www.adelaideaquariums.com.au/Faqs/f...peacockvar.html

It is a supposedly natural color variant of one of the aulonocara species. The "mutation" causes the fish to have a turquoise color with is vary rare in the cihclid world. Pictures do not represent these fish very well because of its irridescent nature....kind of like using a flash for taking pictures of a s. fryeri.