What african cichlids do you have?

Nandopsis

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right now I have a 90g Tanganyikan tank with 2 colonies of Tropheus (6 duboisi and 5 line bred orange Troph) 55g Victorian tank, 1 male 44, 2 female 44's, a male WC redback scraper, and 2 juvie Nyererei males just starting to color up. 100 gallon peacock tank, 2- 120 g Mbuna tanks, 55g Convict tank, 90 g South American ( 3 oscars, 3 Teaxas, 1 dempsey and 1 firemouth) 40g Frontosa tank (3 juvies, have another 100g on hold for them) and...55g yellow lab tank.. opps missed one ....100g Fuelleborni tank (5 OB and 4blue) Also have a few fry and breeding tanks. This hobby sure can be addictive lol I guess I could have added my odd ball tank too, 186 g with 1 redtail X shovelnose cat hes 2 feet long or more, and 1 marble walking cat thats 23 in or so as well. Only those 2 in the tank and I am trying to find them a new home.... free just as long as they will be happy and have more room

Well thats it......for now lol

My 90g tank has got: 5 electric blues, 4 yellow labs, 1 red zebra, 2 saulosis, 1 JD, 1 3" tiger Oscar, 7 eureka red peacocks, 2 albino peacocks, 1 jewel cichlid(pale not red), 2 acei cichlids, 2 blue orchids nd some few days old eureka fries. Almost forgot to mention 3 frontosa fries in a separate 26gal tank.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ive got a 125 peacock hap tank, slowly selling my brown females to get to an all male tank of my dreams. Currently have what I consider a wonderful selection.

Champsochromis Spilrhynchus, Blue speckled crusiers, a few ahli/fryeri's, blood dragon, deep water haps, red empress, Placidochromis milomo (male largest in my tank BEAUTIFUL) Ngara flame tail, Tiwan reef, livingstonii, Mylochromis ericotaenia, blue orchid peacock.

I have a wonderful fish addiction on the rise.

Currently I have:

16 Albino Taiwan Reef. Just about 1.5" with one male starting to color up

13 Aul. Albino Usisiya Flavescent Peacocks. About 2" with the male getting more color everyday.

7 Aul. Albino Eureka Red Peacocks. Wicked male about 4.5" with the females around 3-3.5".

13 Albino Red Empress. Ranging from 1"-2". A few starting to show signs of being males. Really excited to find these.

5 Frontosa "Ksanga" and 5 "Burundi". From 3-5".

Roughly 30 F2 Aul. Usisiya Flavescent from my F1 colony that I recently sold. About 0.5".

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hello from Airdrie, i have 2 female Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos (who need a boyfriend ASAP) they were spawning, holding and producing fry. The male jumped out as his bad owner forgot to put the lid on.

I have 15 or 20 julidochromis transcriptus who are my docile little dragons, i really like these fish as they are constantly reproducing and rearing fry.

I have four cherry spot tropheus, they are also having fry and i sometimes strip the eggs and feed baby brine shrimp when they hatch.(Tropheus are my favorite chiclid because they are always messing around constantly on the move and very people aware.)

This has been my setup for the last 3 years, i have a 100 gal with overflow and sump. i do 30 % water changes weekly and use Airdrie water and prime dechlorinator.

I kill plants and have given up on them. I feed xtreame pee wee once a day and cyclopeze and mesis shrip weekly as a treat.

*** wanted **** Eretmodus cyanostictus a breeding trio or quartet. <<< Then my Tanga tank will be complete!!! bbs@xplornet.com

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...