Your Tanks

Milan

This is a member's planted tank gallery, where you can present your tank. As long as you have a single plant in your tank you are eligible to participate. An image or two, with a brief description would suffice.

From this gallery, and based on your input (a poll) a "Tank of the Month" will be selected. No prizes, just recognition, but most of all fun ...

These are the requirements:

• Images: Maximum two images per entry. Keep them minimum size. To post them here, you will have to link them from some image hosting sites, such as Photobucket, or any other of your choice. Information on how to take quality pictures with your camera, you can find here. If you need assistance, let me know ...
  • Description: Briefly describe your tank. Size, Lights, Substrate, CO2, filtration, fertilization, water parameters, Flora, fauna ... and/or anything else you may find interesting about it ...

NOTE: Please do not comment on each other tanks here, as you will be able to do this in the "Tank of the Month" section, when the time comes ...

That's all it is ... Please submit your entries ....

Edited by Milan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 90gallon mixed cichlid tank- viewable from both sides:

Filter- eheim pro series,power head

light 40w

sand substrate

decor- 70lbs moon rocks,drift wood

plants-anubias,water onion,java fern

Fish- acei,yellow lab,peacocks,red empress,bristle nose plecos,clown loaches

img6054large2gi.jpg

img6071large9qq.jpg

Edited by finaddict

Picture016.jpg

Picture009.jpg

• Tank Dimension: 29 gallons (30W x 18H x 12D)
  • Filter Type: HOB AquaClear 50, Foam/BioMax
  • Substrate information: Profile, latterite, gravel (3-5mm)
  • Lighting/Illumination: 65W/6700K, Compact flourescent, 11 hrs straight.
  • Fertilization: KNO3, KH2PO4, K2SO4, TE mix, as per PPS, currently dosing 10ml SS, 1ml TE, bi-daily.
  • C02: Pressurized, on timer (during photo period only)
  • Water Change: On per need basis. On average every 8-14 days 50%.
  • Temperature: 25-26C
  • PH: 6.4-6.5
  • KH: 6.4
  • GH: 11
  • N03: 20-40ppm
  • P04: 2.0-5.0 ppm
  • Flora: Rotala indica, Anubias barteri sp. Angustifolia, Sagittaria subulata, Hygrophila difformis, Hygrophila polysperma, Limnophila aquatica, Bacopa caroliniana, Cabomba caroliniana, Ceratopteris thalictroides, Microsorum pteropus, Vallisneria spiralis, Egeria densa, Lemna minor, Hydrocotyle leucocephala
  • Fauna: Xiphophorus maculatus, Gymnocorymbus ternetzi, Crossocheilus siamensis, Otocinclus affinis.

This is my planted tank

Here's the tank, Mar. 29 '06

Jason-IMG_3228-650w.jpg

55 gal, 120W T6 lighting

Pressurised CO2 w. suplimental DIY, both fed through powerheads

Filtered by HOB Tetra filter.

Fertilise EI: 1/2 tsp KNO3 + 1/4 tsp KH2PO4 & 10mL traces every other day. 50% WC each week.

Substrate:

Back left & right is Seachem Flourite, held at a 5" depth by plastic lawn/garden edging.

Front is ordinary silica sand... tho some of the Flourite has invaded.

Plants:

Red Tiger Lotus

Tiger Val

Corkscrew Val

Aponogeton undulatus

Crypt. wendtii

Crypt. balansae

2 unknown Crypt. sp

Java Fern

Java Fern 'windlov'

Anubias barteri var. nana

Echinodorus tenellus

Echinodorus ozelot

Fish - see sig. Angels are no longer as of Sat, Feb. 4.

Edited by Vallisneria

This is the 60 gal planted mbuna tank I set up last weekend. I'll be moving some things around tonight, but it'll basically stay the same.

Here it is Mar. 29 '06

Jason-IMG_3230-650w.jpg

The tank is 48" x 19.5" x 13" with 6" set aside as a sump (old AG tanks).

The sump has filter pads in the 1st chamber, and lava rock in the 2nd w/ the heater (200W AC). It also has various terrestrial plant clippings (ivy, pothos, etc.) that I placed in there to start rooting before they're planted in the living room.

It's filtered with an XP1, just foam.

Substrate is Seachem Onxy and arogonite.

Decor is a cople of rocks and shells collected on Vcr. Island

Plants:

Java Fern

Java Fern 'windlov'

Anubias barteri var. nana

Bolbitus fern

Amazon sword (E. amizonica)

Crypt. balansae (really just 1 sprig that managed to invade)

Fish are listed in my sig.

Edited by Vallisneria

This post is for 'historical reasons' as the tank is no longer mine... but I figured I'd share with you all what can happen with 3 months time and lots of guidance.

This picture is what my tank looked like at about the 2 months stage. This picture was taken Sept 2005 or so.

before.jpg

At this time there is a couple amazon swords and I have just added about 15 pygmy chain swords to the tank.

The following is what happens when you fertilize, add CO2, and expand your horizons with clippings from others...

This picture was taken in December 2005.

tank3small1.jpg

In the tank is some red tiger lotus, pygmy chain sword, amazon sword, rotala, temple plant and star grass.

29 gall

PICT0900.jpg

1 week after giving away 90% of my plants to sum friends/loading up my 48. my tank gets loaded to the max with the plants in there in like 2 months time ugh it looks so bare now. o well i plan on switching the gravel in this tank to a more natural color like my 48 is

Edited by fish_man

• 1 month later...

my 90 gallon planted for ,march TOTM

Filter- 20g sump

light- 4 t8 40w 5500k

substrate- 3/4 inch laterite and 2 inches gravel

Flora- swords-(amazon,osiris,flame-), anubias,vals, hornwort,crpts,

drift wood and cork bark

Fauna- rainbows- (bosemani,australian,yellow,turquise) congo tetras, bristlenose pleco,kribensis

img96461ai.jpg

Mods please move this if needed...

Here is a pic of my crappy 12 gallon Eclipse 12 tank. Even with the crappy little single compact flourescent light, the plants are thriving. I actually had to prune that sword alot - maybe 50% of it's foliage because there was almost no water movement due to the plant hogging all the room. I use Flourish Excel and believe that it is the main reason the plants are doing well in that tank.12gal.jpg

This is my first attempt at planted tank with my 55. C02 From Big Bubba, lots of fish, I found adding ferts would cause hair algae so no ferts for last two months. To be honest I only know a few of the names of my plants, and as you can see I like the wild look. :D

plant1.jpg

plant2.jpg

Edited by HOSStile

• 3 months later...

my 5.5 planted

just using flourish fertalizer and excel

java moss, italian vals, mixed crypts and the two big ones im not sure what they are...

right now theres about 6 ghost shrimp and two of my baby cichlids

p10100334jr.jpg

Edited by eurostar

• 4 months later...

This is my 36g home made aquarium. It is 14.5"*14.5"*40". It houses Pterophylum Dumerelli, Apistogramma agassizii, Microgeophagus Altispinosa, Otocinclus Affinis, and Albino corydoras of unknown sp.

planted6a.jpg

Here's a picture of my 46g bow front tank. It is home to Apistogramma Cf. Pertensi, Pelvichromis Pulcher, Corydoras Aeneus, Blackskirts, Glowlights, Otocinclus Affinis, some ancient about 2 years old Zebra Danios, and a 7" Multiradiatus Pleco named Mr. Biggey that I rescued from my 5 year old Grand daughter when it was about 5" long and living in a 1 gallon hex.

planted5a.jpg

Edited by Sam Chicklets

• 3 months later...

med_gallery_1507_72_374287.jpg

Here's my 55.

Rena XP1

About 2.1 WPG

Nitrates 10-20 ppm

Change about 25% water weekly or 50% if I miss a week.

Using Seachem Tabs as directed and Flourish every other week.

Lent out my plant book and don't know names other than common - Vals, Crypts, sword, rotalla, java moss and just new is the Limnophila Hippuraides.

Just added diy co2 last week

Never intended to plant it as its my first tank but Shannon from Aquarium Enthusiasts said why not give it a try. I was kind of sceptical as on dry land I can kill anything (except dandyloins) but I gave it a try.

I found Natures Corner soon after I started planting and when Henry found out I had a planted tank......

Edited by tedfroop