First Eheim....

rudy

Tip it over on its side until the water starts to flow then slowly tip it upright. Then just give it an occasional shake to get the rest of the air out.

What fun hey? And when that still doesn't work you take the cap off the intake tube and pour water in until water starts to flow out the output tube.

Whay are these good again?

You got me. I don't have any myself, I only deal with them because some of my customers have them. They are more rugged and durable than the Rena and Fluval but I always have more problems with the Eheim losing it's prime than I do with the others, and have more difficulty getting them primed again. One of my customers has an Eheim hooked up to a UV sterilizer, and I'll tell you, that extra resistance the UV throws in the line makes it a real b*tch.

Tip it over on its side until the water starts to flow then slowly tip it upright. Then just give it an occasional shake to get the rest of the air out.

What fun hey? And when that still doesn't work you take the cap off the intake tube and pour water in until water starts to flow out the output tube.

I never mentioned filling the intake hose because I thought that was a given. He has used canisters before, just not an eheim. Why don't you tell rudy to fill the fish tank with water first before he tries to prime the filter?

:rolleyes:

I have 6 eheims including 3 Pro 2's. I have never had any problem whatsoever priming any of them. The Pro 2's have a self-priming (push-prime) system that is great. Failing that just suck on the intake tube and away it goes...then plug in once full. They are the best filters by far on the market in my opinion...although I do like my Rena XP3.