Placidochromis Phenochilus??

Sammy

Good evening,

I was given these at the auction and they were listed as female Placidochromis Phenochilus. I cant find any pictures of phenochilus that look like these. They were from Big al's originally rumored to be from owef. I know there are a few variants of this species like Tanzania,mdoka,and another I dont recall the name but none of them look like these supposed females. Does anyone have any ideas about the fish in these pictures? Could they be Placidochromis Phenochilus "Mdoka"? I kinda think they look abit like electra's with something else.

Notice that clutch of eggs? Those are from my breeding bristlenose. I just put some more caves in last weekend and already finding eggs in them.

Auction1.jpg

Auction2.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Sammy

Edited by Sammy

How big are they?

My Pheno juvies(the ones i got in the raffle) have balck markings through their eyes and much darker banding then the ones in your pics. Is it just the pic or are they that pale without stripes? Mine look just like your other phenos(minus the speckles)

The fish in the pics don't look like electras(alteast not when i used to have them). Those also always had black running through the eyes and black stripes, same black marking as the phenos