Nano FO

Hello,

I know about salt water (FO and Reef) but I never tried a small tank (10g). I thought I could use a fluval as a sump. do you think this would do? other idea?

also, for small aquarium like that, does people have skimmer?

I know it's gonna be pretty instable beacause of the small volume so I'me trying to put together all I should need to make things work.

Here is what I plan to put in that tank:

1 or 2 sea stars

1 or 2 urchin

maybe 1 annemona (if there is some that remain small)

a few hermit crab

maybe 1 shrimp.

For live rock, I'me not sure how mutch I should use in that kind of small tank. 1 pound/ gallon? more? s

thank you for your help

• 3 weeks later...

hey i had a 10 gallon nano before until i upgraded, i used a fluval 204 as my sump and i also used a maxijet 400 power head to keep the flow up, i also used a rio nano skimmer (cheap only 30 bucks), and as for light i was using a 20 inch 96 watt pc light for it and my corals did really well, but i don't suggest getting a sea anemone cause very difficult to keep alive in a small tank, and for live rock the more the better lol but usually 1lb per gallon

thanks

victor

Yeah the anemone would be out you could keep 1 small star (formia) and 1 urchin but AFTER the tank is well matured or they will just starve to death hermits and shrimp will be good

You can use the fluval but don't use the sponges they will become a nitrate factory, you do not need a skimmer just bi-weekly water changes are good. As for rock 1-1.5 pounds per gallon since it's a small tank the more the better this is your filter.

HTH :D

Contrary to popular opinion, we have great luck with anenomes in our 12g nano. We have 2 small clowns in it and each has it's own small bubble tip anenome. The bubble tips seem to grow very slowly and don't get that big, they, the fish and the corals are all doing extremely well.