BGK tankmates

humpty

It sounds like you've got a bit of an Oddball tank going on there. So I would make it an oddball community. Though I've never seen one in LFS before, a Violet Dragon Goby would be an interesting edition to your tank. Also maybe 3 African Butterfly fish could be cool too, with 80 Gal of space to roam, they shouldn't argue much. I would grab myself a more pricey pleco to go in that size of tank, maybe a nice royal Pleco, those have always been one of my Favs.

There are so many options for you. If you wanted to get rid of one of the two species, you could go with a Biotope for oen of them (natural look is always appealing and satisfying). Will the tank be planted or more landscaped than Jungle-ish. Amazon Biotope would be easy to find stock for, plus you've already got the BGK to go with it. In the end it's up to you, peaceful community, drastic landscape, predator and oddball or biotope- whatever you choose I hope it turns out great!

Dragon gobies should be kept in brackish water; they tend to develop a strange fungal disease in freshwater.

Don't have much suggestions of my own... heard too many BGK experiences gone bad, to be honest (other fish are often attacked in the middle of the night). Nocturnal fish might be interesting, but then the tank would probably look empty all the time. :?