where to get plants in calgary?

Kwirky

Where's a good place to get aquatic plants in calgary, or a good place to order them from through internet/mail-order? There doesn't seem to be much. I've been considering aquariumplants.com but I sent them two e-mails and never replied, so I'm questioning their customer service for "at the time of sale."

I'm setting up a 120g 48x24x24 tank, and the 8 square feet of planting area will take a fair bit of greens to initially plant it :)

I have purchased from aquariumplants.com with great success. They ship Canadian orders from the operation in Manitoba. Really speeds up the process by avoiding the international transshipping.

Vic

I have purchased from aquariumplants.com with great success. They ship Canadian orders from the operation in Manitoba. Really speeds up the process by avoiding the international transshipping.

Vic

Hey vic,

Do you know of those assortment packs are a good value? On plantedtank.net some people said be careful because you don't know what you're getting, but even if half of it's filler it's still cheaper than buying locally. The only gripe I have about aquariumplants.com is their once a month shipping. I gotta try to get all this done before school starts up, and I have a 2 week vacation planned before september too.

I'll call pisces and see if they'll give a quantity discount, too. I'm waiting for somone at Sunridge Petland to get back to me on a quantity discount too.

I know when starting a planted aquarium, I should try to plant it heavily from the start. I was thinking of planting the tank with an assortment of plants I like, then temporarily fill the rest of the tank with a super cheap "whatever's on sale" fast growing plant from pisces. That way the algae can't compete, and I have time then to decide on the rest of the plants I'd like to buy (and save up for...).

Trying to set up a nice tank on a student's budget is quite the paradox :)