Wife said no "MORE" tanks

Zoban

Well I decided to upgrade one of my "oddball" tanks.

It's rather a weird size at 36"x6"x6", has fit great and been home to a single pair of A. cacatoides but I'm thinking they would like a larger home at this point.

HPIM0424.JPG

HPIM0425.JPG

HPIM0466.JPG

Based on the space and plants I went looking for a tank 36Lx18Wx12H to just clear the spider plant above with a small trim.

Well didn't get the 36Lx18Wx12H, snagged a 36Lx18Wx15H instead:)

Still lot of airbubbles on the glass from filling yet but swapped everything but the filter over from the old tank as it wouldn't fit over the trim lip of the new tank. I did take the filter media and added it to the top basket of the Fluval 204 though :). (had also run the 204 on the bow for last 4 days to seed, should have been longer but there are only a pair of cockatoos and two very tiny goldspot ancistrus in the tank)

For the time being I have just used the side and end of the box it came in as a background and sidewall. Will decide if I will paint it once the bubbles have cleared.

Had to move the Philidendrium (spelling) so added the corner shecf that is now infront of the tank and down a few inches. Also took the spider plant that was directly above and moved it out of the area completely as 12" tall would have fit but the 15" looked way crowded and didn't want to trim the spider that much.

Anyway here are the pics of the tank and corner as it sits now.. Will have to add more plants and the Co2 ladder is waiting to be installed yet. For lighting I just added the 36" fixture that was originally on my bow-front.

HPIM0511.jpg

HPIM0512.jpg

HPIM0514.jpg

I use to hear the same from my wife... I started a fish room out of sight and the plan is just to add a tank at a time and pay the consequences when she notices additions....

This saves time for quality conversation!

I would be interesting in that 36"x6"x6" tank.... did you have that custom built? I think it is awsome.. would be great for endlers or the like...

The 36x6x6 was given to me in rough shape originally.

Lot of vinegar and water to clean it and resealed with GE Silicone I W&D. Orginal owner had two dividers in the tank making 3 12x6x6 sections for bettas.

A friend and fellow DRAS member picked it up yesterday to make an emersed plant tank.

Can't wait to see the end results.