Platy giving birth

BigA

So i just had a look at my tank and I noticed that one of my platys is currently in the process of giving birth. Is there anything I can do to help her along? Should I leave her alone? It kinda looks like one of the fry is stuck coming out of her. Can I help it along at all? How long will she be birthing for?

Thanks for your input.

So i just had a look at my tank and I noticed that one of my platys is currently in the process of giving birth. Is there anything I can do to help her along? Should I leave her alone? It kinda looks like one of the fry is stuck coming out of her. Can I help it along at all? How long will she be birthing for?

Thanks for your input.

When mine have their fry I move them into a breeder tank or net and put a plant or too in they her so the fry have something to hide in!

as for help she know what to do but if there is one stuck for along awhile then you can

1- give her a soft squeeze to help but not more then 1 time

2 - try and do a fast waterchange it may help!

3 - watch her and if she goes to heaven and you can catch it in time ( sorry but cut her belly open and help give the fry a chance) if you can handle it!

I hope this help's

Jessie

Well it's been about two hours and I've noticed 2 free swimming fry in the tank. it still looks like one is stuck. I guess I will try and give her a gentle squeeze to see if that helps.