Lace Rock

geoff

Does anyone know where i could find big pieces of lace rock (12"+)in edmonton or on the internet. I've checked big Al's which just has little pieces and even searched places like cichlid forum and aqua bid and when I find something its only sent to the states. :cuss:

Thanks

Cliff's Landscaping in Leduc (1 mile East on Rollyview Road) has a ton of the stuff. Or they did a while back. Give them a call and see what they say. Getting close to the end of the season so they may be more willing than the larger places to strike a bit of a deal on some quantity.

• 3 weeks later...
Check with Canar on 99th St. I get different rocks from them , like the feather rock.

I just went there. Unless I got a sales rep. that was completely incompetent, they have no lace rock there. They had never heard of it. However, like you said lots of feather rock, as well as mexican bowl rock ?, and tuffa rock.

I'm thinking of doing a Peacock tank. Any ideas on what i could use as a fill in for the afformentioned lace rock?

I was thinking natural looking limestone, some tuffa, and maybe the mexican bowl rock and/or feather stone. ... any suggestions?