ICH! HELP!

Guest Master of Puppets

I need some ones help I dont have anything to treat ich and i cant afford to buy something my parents dont like me so they wont help does anyone in sherwood park have some they can bring by my house?

If you have money, you can use 1 tablespoon of "kosher" salt (sold at the grocery store), or sea salt (sold at the aquarium store) for every 2 gallons of water.

If you don't have any $$, you could increase your tank's temperature 1 degree every 6 hours until it's at 82-83F. That'll cause the ich's lifecycle to speed up and they'll be cured of it quicker if their immune system is good.

That will cause the fish's metabolism to increase and they'll go through the ich faster.

I'd also recommend taking a sample of your water to the local fish store (big al's maybe). If your water parameters are out of whack, they'd be able to tell you, so the same thing doesn't happen again due to fish stress.

Good luck :)

Well one fish doesnt have ich anymore... it jump out of the tank :cry: ive had 2 bleeding heart tetras for over a year now and just now it jumps out.