some questions

There have been some problems on the board of late, and I'd like to voice my concern and get some

feedback from other members as well as moderators. When a moderator or site admin hijacks a thread

about fish, and turns it into character assassination, what happens? I see these people still online, but

the one who got slandered is not. If the rules apply to one, why not all? I noticed in some of the rules,

anything OFF TOPIC should be done by PM or email, but the mods and admin did it publicly, then took

away from public view, and now a few members other than myself are also wondering whats going on.

I've been forwarded emails from parties involved, so I myself know, but the problems have not been

solved. Banning a member, when it wasnt the member that started the problem, has me gravely

concerned. I've found the whole thing so distasteful, I am not sure I want to be here, but I thought

I would at least give opportunity to fix problem

The issue was indeed droped off the forum and kudos to the mod who did so .

You are correct it should be dealt with off the forum . This thread is also guilty of insiting . People make mistakes when responding faster than putting full thought into it (perhaps emotionally). Unfortunately several members on here have been targeted and victimized by "heart strings pullers". Perhaps being very cautious of protecting members from such persons is a responsibility not taken lightly.

On the whole IMO 99.9% of the time this forum is the best forum going, very generous , kind hearted extremely knowledgeable people. Instead of attacking and trying to start something very ugly , we need to offer up improvements and betterments and forgive rather than attack . Just my 2 cents worth . Sue

One hell of a way to start off your membership, here. Third post and you're calling out the Moderation Staff? Maybe this isn't the kind of place you like.

We are not here to babysit people's problems, or assist them in solving them. We ARE here to promote the hobby, and do what we all can to improve it on a local and global scale. If removing a dispute from our publicly searchable and globally available topics bothers you, then rest assured knowing that it is not completely removed, it's just moved to a different, private location. Google doesn't need to see our laundry.

Quite often (as is the case in this situation) it is not the original post, or the response by a moderator, but the retort by the poster after the fact that causes problems. The Moderation Staff here understands this site's mandate, and will go to any length to maintain it. As I was not involved in this particular dispute, I cannot comment further - truth be told I was away for a short while and only came to find out about the incident after the fact - but in looking through the information available I can say that AlbertaAquatica's interests and the best interests of the membership as a whole have been protected in this matter.

Eggs and omelettes.