Staying Logged In

Well, as far as posting from work, if work is the military, I'm going to guess that the good ol' Gov't probably has firewalls that are SO tight a nun's fart wouldn't smell. Which means it would take a whole 3 minutes for someone to hack it, instead of 2.

The other two computers, the XP homes, they are at home? If so I'm assuming you're on DSL and if so then your router may be playing the havoc game, there. I am hoping someone who logs in from one computer all the time is having troubles... without The Man's firewalls or a router in the way. Until then is it possible to recreate the problem on a single PC connected directly thought the internet?

I log in here from four different locations, on three different ISPs, on up to four different computers running three different operating systems and no fewer than seven browsers/versions. (in my line of work, it helps to be able to recreate scenarios and test code from all angles) And I have no issues except that any change in any of the locations, computers, or browser will prompt me to log in again - but once I do, it stays logged in successfully - exactly how the system is supposed to work.

I was having intermittent trouble with staying logged in, too. Today it seems to be okay. What would happen to me is I would come to the board, and it would show me as already logged in. But my very next click into a forum would result in me not being logged in anymore. Thereafter I would log back in, check the "Remember me" function, but it didn't always work.

Thinking it was a cookie issue, I cleared my cookies a number of times but the problem recurred. I visit lots of other boards but had no problems with those, just this one.

WinXP Home, IE 7.