Moved to the Dark Side 24g Nano

bosshog

Well I finally did it. Attempting salt for the second time. Bought a 24 gal Nano Cube from Colby (thanks man). Got it set up today and put a little LR in it. By the end of the week should have another 40 lbs LR from Mario on CanReef (Thanks Js). Let the cycle begin!!! The cube has PC 72w 50/50 and moonlights. Looks pretty cool. Over the past couple days I used up some acrylic that's been laying around since 1991 and built a 17 gal frag tank too. Looks like crap but hasn't blown out or leaked yet!! Will use it to hold LR for a while. Got rid of three tanks and have added 2 to make up for it, and salt just to top it off, is there no end to this madness. Will post pics when I get the rest of the rock in and some aquascaping done.

Brad :smokey:

Edited by bosshog

I read posts like this and think, but for the grace of being broke, there go I.

Looking forward to pictures!

Yup. I'm about $750 into it and all I have is an allinone cube 45 pounds of LR and a couple hydrometers. I already had the salt, RO system, and I built the second tank from stuff I had laying around. If I get a tank half as nice as some I've seen here, on canreef and nanocube I will be very happy. The learning curve is very steep though. Costly too.

Brad

Yup. I'm about $750 into it and all I have is an allinone cube 45 pounds of LR and a couple hydrometers. I already had the salt, RO system, and I built the second tank from stuff I had laying around. If I get a tank half as nice as some I've seen here, on canreef and nanocube I will be very happy. The learning curve is very steep though. Costly too.

Brad

The first time I knew nothing, didn't read enough, no internet resources, moved too fast, bad advice from others who knew nothing etc etc etc. As soon as the water clears up a little more I will post some pics. I got some LR from Mario on canreef, and put it in today, also added some black sand. Should look pretty good when the water clears up. If anyone needs LR get ahold of Mario, I have his name and number pm for it, this stuff is beyond my wildest dreams. All kinds of hitchers, shrooms, zoas, lots of things I have no idea what they are, lots of coraline etc etc, awsome guy to deal with. It's such nice stuff I couldn't decide which pieces to use so I have about 35 pounds in the 24 gal nano display. I sure hope with the 8 hour ship time there wasn't much die off and the cycle isn't too wicked and wipes it all out. All water parameters are holding as of now. Mario couldn't have done a better job of packing, and timing the shipping. There are even octopus, squid, ray cross looking things swimming around so if higher life forms survive I'm sure the lower ones will be fine. I'm pretty pumped about these tanks, it's amazing what comes crawling out of the nooks and crannies!! Pics coming soon.

hillbillyreefer

• 2 weeks later...

I need to get some pics up, soon, I promise. I keep changing the tank around, finally have something I like and most of the cool stuff on the rock is in the light. Will probably order some CUC this coming week. I have some algae growing in DT, but not too bad. My cycle was pretty much a non event. Nitrates etc, slightly elevated for about 5 days they have come back to zero again. Still a little concerned about adding fish so will wait for a few weeks yet. Also going to order a couple peppermint shrimp, seem to have a few aptasia growing in both tanks.

Brad