what do you feed your dragon

cowboy

just wondering what ppl feed their aro's

i have mine on a beef heart/frozen smelt/cichlid sticks blended all together and frozen. just wondering what other ppl feed theirs and is there a treat that you give them once a week or so.

just wondering what ppl feed their aro's

i have mine on a beef heart/frozen smelt/cichlid sticks blended all together and frozen. just wondering what other ppl feed theirs and is there a treat that you give them once a week or so.

Sounds like a healthy mix you have there. Does it come apart when you thaw it?

When I kept silver aros I used to feed beef heart and Hikari Koi pellets. the ingredient list of the Koi pellets is remarkably similar (identical?) to that for the Hikari aro sticks, but at half the price...

When I got into keeping Asian aros, I began using kingworm gut loaded on carrots and then frozen; kind of gross, but the kingworms poop as they freeze and so your aro gets a "clean" kingworm filled with carrots (and beta carotine for colour) when you thaw them out for feeding. I learned that trick from a hard core aro keeper in Vancouver...

Kingworms can be bought in bulk for a cheap price (1000 for around $30-40).

I also try to get my Asian aros onto market prawn and pellets as a staple diet. The live kingworms and earthworms (red wrigglers) become a treat. I got away from crickets a long time ago as they have the nutritional benefit of "popcorn".

it actually stays together pretty good although i dont thaw it out to much but i have seen peices that hit the bottom that the catfish he is with get to eats and they sit there for 1/2 an hour and dont break apart. was just trying to figure out what people had for ideas on feeding aro's cause i am new to the game

• 2 weeks later...

Diversified diet is best, I shop arounbd for the best deals on fresh food. I feed my aro's normally the following, but will try new stuff when there a sale:

Prawns - soaked in Kent zeo vitamins.

Catfish

salmon

trout

tuna

tipila

pike

I don't feed super worms or crikets any more as they are hard to digest and very addictive.