Ordering fish from the states

interlude

My absolute favourite place to shop for African oddballs is

http://www.rehobothaquatics.com/

The owner is named Toyin and is super helpful and friendly.

He once gave me a cash refund (bank deposit) when a couple fish died on arrival. This contrasts with most operations which will offer you a "credit" to next order...which is fine....unless you don't plan to order from them again lol

[

You were very lucky in two aspects: 1) FedEx almost never accepts live fish; 2) I know about 30 people in Calgary that have had fish couriered up from the US, and not one has managed to have a single box come in at under $120.

quite so. Usually those shipping or wanting to ship Fed Ex ship the product as something other than "live fish". Sometimes it gets through undetected however if checked by customs the shipment will be seized and you will find your name on a Customs red flag list. Not worth it at all. The only way to ship live fish is airport to airport. If ordering from a U.S based company make sure that they have the proper paper work , ie: they need a permit issued by the U.S Fish and Wildlife Dept. which costs them $100.00 (not for each shipment). Many do not have this and ship the fish as someithg other than live fish.

Rick

My absolute favourite place to shop for African oddballs is

http://www.rehobothaquatics.com/

The owner is named Toyin and is super helpful and friendly.

He once gave me a cash refund (bank deposit) when a couple fish died on arrival. This contrasts with most operations which will offer you a "credit" to next order...which is fine....unless you don't plan to order from them again lol

Wow that site is NOT mac friendly, I had to remote onto one of my pc desktops to surf this site lol