Sick Khuli loaches?

interlude

Hey guys, I just set up a 20g at work, fully cycled, I have 3 danios (used to help cycle the tank) 2 dwarf puffers, 2 khuli loaches and 1 oto.

Today, after I did a water change, the khuli loaches came out of hiding, an hour later they are both acting very strange, they would swim to the top of the tank break the surface then sink to the bottom of the tank, and in this case they would sink onto a fake plant and kind of curl into the branches. One of the loaches wedged itself in between the heater and tank. The other one is at the bottom the tank resting on the sand, he/she was also swimming to the top and then sinking to the bottom, and this loach actually looks like its gasping for air. I took out some more water so the water filtering back into the tank makes a bigger splash. whats weird is one is gasping for air, the other is just laying there playing dead. When I use

Are they on dying?

Oh I forgot to mention that since my work is like a 2 min drive from Riverfront I rushed there and Christian tested the water... everything tested out fine.

Please help!

I'm by no means an expert, but my limited experience with Kuhlis would put this down to normal (=psycho) Kuhli silliness. Mine are also very silly/zippy right after I do a water change, either from the moment I scare the crap out of one by almost siphoning it, or from when the new water starts coming in. They generally settle down in a couple hours.

My kuhlis do much the same thing. I hardly see them (they are always hiding in the roots of my plants), if I see them in the morning before the lights go on they are just sitting there. When I get close to the tank they bolt; swim up to the surface and make a couple of laps around the tank before settling back down amongst the plants.

Just checking - hope your little dudes are back to "normal", whatever that is for those silly critters.

Just checking - hope your little dudes are back to "normal", whatever that is for those silly critters.

Yup.. they seem to be ok.. I came in on monday and they were resting on the sand.. as soon as I turned on the lights.. they took off. They are nowhere to be found, but everyday before I leave work, I put in some blood worms. I make sure some are scattered on the plants for the puffers, and the rest on the sand. In the morning, all the worms are gone. So thats a good sign