Koi Breeding Help?

KoiBoi07

I am new to the fish world and am very intersted in breeding my Koi. Can anyone offer some advice or tips for breeding? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanx

Try a pond of at least 1-2000 gallons, a few 18" long koi and wait til springtime.

Breeding koi in an aquarium environment is unlikely and dangerous to the fish. Breeding sized (18" and larger) koi should not be housed in any aquarium as there is simply not enough space in any reasonably sized aquarium. When spawning, the multitude of eggs and milt would pollute any aquarium and sometimes threatens to overwhelm small ponds.

Do a little research online to see the facilities most koi breeders keep.

I am new to the fish world and am very intersted in breeding my Koi. Can anyone offer some advice or tips for breeding? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanx

Try a pond of at least 1-2000 gallons, a few 18" long koi and wait til springtime.

Breeding koi in an aquarium environment is unlikely and dangerous to the fish. Breeding sized (18" and larger) koi should not be housed in any aquarium as there is simply not enough space in any reasonably sized aquarium. When spawning, the multitude of eggs and milt would pollute any aquarium and sometimes threatens to overwhelm small ponds.

Do a little research online to see the facilities most koi breeders keep.

Thanx, that makes a lot of sense. The pond obviously won't be coming until spring, but thought there might be something I could do in the mean time...