Panda Cory

Edward

I myself haven't had any luck keeping Panda Cories. I love the look of them and have tried and tried but they always go that great pond in the sky. :cry: Yet I have Sterbai, Albino, Bronze, Pepper and some that I have not yet identified and they are thriving and breeding like mad!

Tammy

Edward I keep panda cory's... they are one of the species of cory that like cooler temperatures/ they come from the mountain streams.... they are actually fine in a tank that is around 68-70 and actually wont spawn in warm water...

I keep mine with white cloud minnows and never have had any problem with them. The only time I have had any problem with cory's is if there are to many other bottom dwelling fish... loaches or plecos sharing the same space....

The only other thing that may be happening is perhaps your tank hasnt cycled they are sensitive to that situation and do not do well in a tank that hasnt been totally cycled... didnt you mention that you just started up a big tank....

good to see you posting!

Edited by corrosionjerry

Hey Jerry, I think the water temp might be the problem, I have it around 76-80 for the other fishes. My tank has been up for over a month now, but I do have a nitirite problem atm. It is at 5ppm. Doing a waterchange tonight after work, and I hope it will help those guys out a bit.

Hey Jerry, I think the water temp might be the problem, I have it around 76-80 for the other fishes. My tank has been up for over a month now, but I do have a nitirite problem atm. It is at 5ppm. Doing a waterchange tonight after work, and I hope it will help those guys out a bit.

If the tank has been going for a month or so its probably fine.... unless you added a few to many new fish at once and had an amonia spike..

as for the temp. the cory's should still be ok at 76-80 they just wont reproduce...

• 5 months later...

i tried keeping them as well at one point in my 20 gallon....and most of them lasted around 4 months...but they werent doing to well the entire time and i could never figure it out ...and back then i wish i knew this forum existed lol because theres always someone on here who knows a great deal more than i do :boxer: