My Pico "Tank"

werner

Are you going to have parts of the plants emersed?

I don't think so since the light will be fairly close to the top of the bowl, but who knows. I think I'm going to go with a mossy branch- maybe that will extend out of the water? Still not sure on all the aquascaping details- input is welcome.

I was perusing the ADA layout manual for some ideas. One recommendation is to use powdered substrate against the front glass and on the top layer of the foreground. This has a nicer appearance through the glass and better for small foreground plants to take root in. I already bought a whole bag of black Flourite (yes byte, there's a tiny bit left over) so I'm not going to go out and buy any sand. I think my food processor or coffee grinder will take care of that problem. I'll have to be sure not to do any baking with Oreo crumbs that day. :tongue:

Plants on my maybe list:

Hemianthus callitrichoides hemianthus_callitrichoides240.jpg

Hemianthus micranthemoides Micranthemum_other%20one.jpg

Pogostemon helferi pogostemon%20helferi.jpg

Rotala wallichii risuno-sippo.jpeg

Proserpinaca palustris 1720.jpg

Eleocharis acicularis (or E. parvula) 082.jpg

I already have all of these in my big tank, except for the hairgrass (somebody give me some, please!) Of course, there will be java moss. I'd love to use Riccia fluitans, but I'll be using Excel for carbon and it will just melt. Maybe Glossostigma instead of the HC? Maybe I should hurry up and finish the base...

Edited by werner

It's amazing on first impression that tank looks so much larger than i seems, the plants were applied in a good way to make it seem that the tank has a huge amount of depth.

Good luck with your pico.