Skimmers

boomerbob

In about 4 to 6 weeks im going to get my new 150 gal sw tank in from tenacor . I would like suggestions on a suitable protien skimmer

( Brands, sizes, what you like or dislike about ones you have or would like to have ) their are so many differant kinds . Went to a few

differant sites and read up on the pluses and minuses ( cant spell worth heck ) . Im a bit confused . I paid good money for tank and

sump system from these guys so I want a good skimmer to go with it. Thanks again for your input ladies and gentlemen .

In about 4 to 6 weeks im going to get my new 150 gal sw tank in from tenacor . I would like suggestions on a suitable protien skimmer

( Brands, sizes, what you like or dislike about ones you have or would like to have ) their are so many differant kinds . Went to a few

differant sites and read up on the pluses and minuses ( cant spell worth heck ) . Im a bit confused . I paid good money for tank and

sump system from these guys so I want a good skimmer to go with it. Thanks again for your input ladies and gentlemen .

Really depends on what your budget is. There is no decent cheap skimmer. You get what you pay for. I would suggest ASM or Euro-reef for a mid range skimmer and if money isnt an issue get the bubble king. I have a Euro-reef rs 135 on my 110g and am really happy with it so far. It is easy to adjust and has a zero clearance collection cup( meaning the cup doesnt lift up and off the skimmer body, it slides off to the side so no space is required above the top of the collection cup.) I think the next size up for a Euro-reef is the rs-180. Expect to pay around $500 for a decent skimmer and if your fortunate enough a bubble king will go around $1400.

Thanks for your help fishy Im going to check out the skimmers you listed and see what seems to be the best. Like i said

I purchased an acrylic tank from tenacor ( yes they are expensive , The wife said to buy the best looking tank and the lightest )

So im willing to spend the time and money to try to get the best results for my tank and its inhabitants.

again thank you , Boomer.