Question about a snail

robin

I have a snail, size of a cherry, I keep thinking it's dead, as it sits on the bottom on it's side for weeks. The one day, it is up cruising the tank. Then for another week or two, it seems dead, laying right on it's shell. Then, once again up and at 'em.

Is this normal? Is he sick and struggling? What can I do?

I have a snail, size of a cherry, I keep thinking it's dead, as it sits on the bottom on it's side for weeks. The one day, it is up cruising the tank. Then for another week or two, it seems dead, laying right on it's shell. Then, once again up and at 'em.

Is this normal? Is he sick and struggling? What can I do?

Insufficient food, maybe? What are you feeding it?

If its just algae, that is not enough for most large snail species. Try steamed kale, steamed collards or sliced zucchini as a feeding supplement.

Kale or collards are both very good for snails ... they are both quite high in calcium. Good for their shells!

Do not feed them spinach, as spinach contains an enzyme that blocks their ability to absorb calcium.

You can find kale at most grocery stores. I've only found collards at Sobeys, so far.