BN pleco kicked the bucket

firestorm

I have a BN pleco in my discus tank, that was alive and well a couple of days ago. I picked up some clown loaches from Barbara yesterday while I was at the auction, I of course let them float for 20 min, then released them. They kept swimming beside the pleco, I then noticed some of the other fish pecking at him, I wondered why she didn't move. I then took the net and scooped her out, sure enough she was dead but I couldn't see any physical signs of why she was dead. Anyone know what might have caused this? Do you think the CL's would have killed her? The BN was about 2.5" and the clowns are only about 3".

• 2 weeks later...

i doubt the loaches would have did that, especially after just being introduced to the tank...what else is in there that could be the culprit? or is it just the discus besides?

Edited by Ross

Just the discus, and some bolivian rams. Don't know what happened, one day she was alive and looked well enough, was eating, the next she was dead. There were no signs at all of her being picked on, she even had both eyes still. I just happened to notice her after I put the loaches in.