Stand problem.

Kayen

With my 33g, for the last ... almost 2 years now it's been sitting on this stand:

Picture058.jpg

My main problem right now, is that i want to make this tank planted. However i'm not completely trust of the stand.

I kinda of want to go with substrate, and if not i have to go barebottom planted =/ .

Any way to rectify the problem?

Note: the small space at the bottom between the stand and the fireplace.. is the ONLY space left to spare in that corner. I sorta want to ask my Dad if i can move the tanks into the basement or my room even, and fix up the stand.

Edited by Kayen

i agree a piece of ply wood on the top of the stand cut the size of the tank would be perfect and if you still don't trust it a 2x4 run down both sides to the floor would also help. I don't knwo how the stand was built you might not need them.

Hm i built the stand myself. The original stand look pretty flimsyy so i reinforced the hell out of it. And i tried to get it to fit in that corner, however that didn't work out too well. But would the piece of plywood hanging off the stand like that be good still?

Actually adding a piece of ply under the tank would help make the stand more sturdy. The way you have it sitting right now, you would have thought it would have sprung a leak by now.

Rocks and substrate in the tank actually don't weigh as much as they do outside, too difficult to explain. and just don't add a ton of rocks to that corner and you should be fine.

Rocks and substrate in the tank actually don't weigh as much as they do outside, too difficult to explain.

?????????!!

Specific Gravity Equations and Formulas Calculator

Fluid Mechanics Buoyancy

Solving for submerged in water weight loss

http://www.ajdesigner.com/phpspecificgravi...weight_loss.php

Rocks and substrate in the tank actually don't weigh as much as they do outside, too difficult to explain.

?????????!!

Specific Gravity Equations and Formulas Calculator

Fluid Mechanics Buoyancy

Solving for submerged in water weight loss

http://www.ajdesigner.com/phpspecificgravi...weight_loss.php

Yes, but that is the weight in water and dependent on the specific gravity of the item in question, the actual total weight of the tank - measured outside of the tank would still read the correct weight. If you put a 10 lb. object in a tank, depending on it's specific gravity it may weigh less as measured in the water, but the actual weight of the tank as measured from the outside will still be 10 lbs. greater.

eg. , a 10 lb. bag of distilled water placed in a tank containing 100 lbs. of distilled water will weigh nothing when weighed in the water (excepting the weight of the bag). But the weight of the tank measured from outside will still show the increase of 10 lbs.

Edited by 2manytanks