Black Skirt Tetra listing to one side

katmintblue

Hi all! Just a query. I just noticed tonight that our black skirt tetra is listing to one side. He/She has always been healthy for the last year we have had it. I looked the fish over closely & noticed that the left fin looks perfectly fin & wispy looking as always but, the right fin......is stumpy & black looking! It has never looked that way before. I have been in the process of buying a new home for us so probably haven't payed as close attention as I should have. The rest of the tank is looking as great as always. Not sure if it is an age sign or if something amiss is happening. Any info anyone could impart would be greatly appreciated. By the way I know this isn't the place to put this but, my albino Bn's are holding. Hope to get some babes out of this one!!!! Yeah!!!! Kat

Hi all! Just a query. I just noticed tonight that our black skirt tetra is listing to one side. He/She has always been healthy for the last year we have had it. I looked the fish over closely & noticed that the left fin looks perfectly fin & wispy looking as always but, the right fin......is stumpy & black looking! It has never looked that way before. I have been in the process of buying a new home for us so probably haven't payed as close attention as I should have. The rest of the tank is looking as great as always. Not sure if it is an age sign or if something amiss is happening. Any info anyone could impart would be greatly appreciated. By the way I know this isn't the place to put this but, my albino Bn's are holding. Hope to get some babes out of this one!!!! Yeah!!!! Kat

I have 3 black skirts and all of them, at one time or another, list sideways. Sometimes they stay 'listed' for 30 min or so, then they dart away. The first few times I observed this behavior, I was concerned that something was wrong, but they do it often and always go 'normal' again, I'm beginning to think it is part of their nature. This is only my opinion, but I have had them over a year now and they have done it since day one.

I have 3 black skirts and all of them, at one time or another, list sideways. Sometimes they stay 'listed' for 30 min or so, then they dart away. The first few times I observed this behavior, I was concerned that something was wrong, but they do it often and always go 'normal' again, I'm beginning to think it is part of their nature. This is only my opinion, but I have had them over a year now and they have done it since day one.

Hi, We have never had this happen before with Skirty. He/She seems to be struggling to keep right side up. Is now taking to swimming in loops throughout the tank. I found it laying on the bottom tonight & thught it was dead. Still breathing & trying to keep the top side up but, I am thinking it is losing the battle. Was thinking of putting him in a tank by himself & maybe trying some epsom salt water to see if it did any good. I guess at this point it really can't hurt. V. sorry I missed your calls. Been a very, very busy day! Kat