Could it be columnaris?

firestorm

A client of mine has some fish that are not doing well. It started out with 2 of their sharks having white blister like bumps all over their noses like seen in the first picture, now their other type of shark has white fungus looking stuff all over his side. I was researching possible illnesses, and I was thinking the second picture could be a fungal infection, but I still don't know if the first picture is the cause of columnaris or another type of parasite. I know the pictures are bad but it's the best I could do with my blackberry. Any ideas?

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

GetAttachment2.jpg

I have a large Bala shark that "freaks out" after lights out if you walk past the tank. He gets markings like those from crashing into objects...intake, rockwork, driftwood etc. I had to minimize the decorations (took out all rockwork) as it is the main culprit, and covered the intake with sponges.

Treatment I am using is waterchanges every few days and use Pimafix and Melafix to cover any infection that may set in. I just started this 3 days ago and it seems to be working.

Tank size may also be an issue. I am moving Slurp, my sharky (he is about 8 inches or so) into a 6 foot tank shortly because they are very active swimmers and I don't think the 4ft, 75G is long enough. JMO

Hope this helps

Tammy