Calgary CO2 refills

vic622

I'm going to be in Calgary for one day picking up some things, including a CO2 setup (I'm finally taking the big leap), and the tank will need filling.

They don't fill them in Cranbrook anymore (they ship them to Calgary for filling), so does anyone know who will fill it in Calgary?

On a Saturday?

Addresses & phone numbers would be a big help, too. I don't have a Calgary phonebook.

Thanks,

Vic

I was afraid of that.

I wonder if Praxair or AirLiquide would fill it and bring it to their outlet in Cranbrook?

Vic

There are a few places that could do it right away (if they felt like it), but all appear to be closed on Saturday. :( I usually have to wait a few days to get mine refilled.

Cranbrook to Calgary is leap enough! Two points @ one cent each gets you my two cents worth

• Buy (not rent) your own bottle
  • make it a big one

With a "customer owned bottle" I am exchanged and out of Praxair in five minutes.

If you a having that much trouble finding service, how often are you looking for that headache.

Yes, a tall one will cost you an arm and most of one leg; but if your into it and having that kind of trouble finding supply

Why muck about?

Edited by jewels

I am buying - a 15lb-er I think.

Watching our welder at work trying to lift big tanks, I think it wouldn't be too much fun getting it up the stairs into the house - but I guess I could leave it outside & run lines to the tanks :)

But seriously, if I can trust them to take care of my tank, I won't have too much problem with an exchange for a full one. It's just getting the first fill that I need.

Vic

Cranbrook to Calgary is leap enough! Two points @ one cent each gets you my two cents worth

• Buy (not rent) your own bottle
  • make it a big one

With a "customer owned bottle" I am exchanged and out of Praxair in five minutes.

If you a having that much trouble finding service, how often are you looking for that headache.

Yes, a tall one will cost you an arm and most of one leg; but if your into it and having that kind of trouble finding supply

Why muck about?

I really don't know what names are attached to which sizes. I bought a bottle measuring about fourteen inches tall. Used sparingly 24 hrs. a day in a 75 it will go about two months or more. I would not recommend any size to bulky to wrestle around. I just did not want you to travel so far just to have someone sell you a paint-ball reservoir that would need refilling every fiftysix hours!

I hear you!

I've been doing DIY for 3yrs and the hassle factor is just not worth it anymore.

I got the same tank, now, as you - I just need to get it filled and everything hooked up.

I like this tank, even fits behind the seat in my pickup :)

Right now it'll be on a 33gal and maybe on my 29gal running with a solenoid - so like you said it should last months instead of days or weeks compared to the DIY.

vic

I really don't know what names are attached to which sizes. I bought a bottle measuring about fourteen inches tall. Used sparingly 24 hrs. a day in a 75 it will go about two months or more. I would not recommend any size to bulky to wrestle around. I just did not want you to travel so far just to have someone sell you a paint-ball reservoir that would need refilling every fiftysix hours!