swollen lip s

scrubby

Well he's a flowerhorn in a tank with? has he been fighting lately looks like maybe a lip lock injury? maybe a little infection? i would add some salt and if possiable raise the temp some...My Chocolate cichlid had a very similar injury.

Well he's a flowerhorn in a tank with? has he been fighting lately looks like maybe a lip lock injury? maybe a little infection? i would add some salt and if possiable raise the temp some...My Chocolate cichlid had a very similar injury.

only thing close to his size is a frontosa.....jack dempsey is smaller female flower horn same

also he has stringy white poop and hes been floating near the top

as for heat and salt how much ???

You say you have a female flowerhorn in with this guy. Are you sure this is the male and not the other way around?

How big are the flowerhorns? At 3-4" they can and will start breeding, Having 2 flowerhorns in a tank without a divider is just asking for one of them to be killed by the other. Check this fish out carefully, Have a look at the dorsal fin, If there is black spots or a black line that runs almost the full length of the dorsal just above the fishes back that would be a female. If it is a female and the smaller one has no black on the dorsal that would be the male and the little guy kicked the crap out of the larger one in a attempt to come to a stalemate in a breeding ritual. IME with flowerhorns, My female was just slightly smaller than the male and at 5" the male was so aggressive that when they had fry in the tank the male crashed through a 6mil glass top and pulled the family cat into the tank for a swim. If I were you I would separate the flowerhorns to a tank of there own and put in a eggcrate divider to keep them from scrapping.

You say you have a female flowerhorn in with this guy. Are you sure this is the male and not the other way around?

How big are the flowerhorns? At 3-4" they can and will start breeding, Having 2 flowerhorns in a tank without a divider is just asking for one of them to be killed by the other. Check this fish out carefully, Have a look at the dorsal fin, If there is black spots or a black line that runs almost the full length of the dorsal just above the fishes back that would be a female. If it is a female and the smaller one has no black on the dorsal that would be the male and the little guy kicked the crap out of the larger one in a attempt to come to a stalemate in a breeding ritual. IME with flowerhorns, My female was just slightly smaller than the male and at 5" the male was so aggressive that when they had fry in the tank the male crashed through a 6mil glass top and pulled the family cat into the tank for a swim. If I were you I would separate the flowerhorns to a tank of there own and put in a eggcrate divider to keep them from scrapping.

i crank the heat up and added salt we ll see