Stocking Help Please!

Navigator

Hello,

I hae a 55 gallon SW that has been set up with LR since November. It is currently home to 4 blue-green chromis and various snails and a couple blue legged hermit crabs. I know that I want to have a banggai cardinalfish, a small yellow tang and probably a percula clownfish in there but I don't know the order to add them. I know 55 gallons is small for a yellow tang - I have plans for a 125 gallon when I move this summer. Set up new tank using water changes from old (as I can leave my 55 gallon running here as long as I need - only good thing about it being a house owned by your parents!!) and just slide on over to a bigger set up. ;)

I'm leaning toward a banggai next, because I've been reading that yellow tangs can get territorial too. Any thoughts? Anyone? :) Thanks!!

Hello,

I hae a 55 gallon SW that has been set up with LR since November. It is currently home to 4 blue-green chromis and various snails and a couple blue legged hermit crabs. I know that I want to have a banggai cardinalfish, a small yellow tang and probably a percula clownfish in there but I don't know the order to add them. I know 55 gallons is small for a yellow tang - I have plans for a 125 gallon when I move this summer. Set up new tank using water changes from old (as I can leave my 55 gallon running here as long as I need - only good thing about it being a house owned by your parents!!) and just slide on over to a bigger set up. ;)

I'm leaning toward a banggai next, because I've been reading that yellow tangs can get territorial too. Any thoughts? Anyone? :) Thanks!!

Generally you'd want to add your most aggressive fish last, so with those three, the bangaii and percula clown can be added in any order or at the same time and then the yellow tang would be last to go in.