Not sure what my oscars are doing or how to get it to stop

chad_alyssa

How big are these Oscars? Unless Grande PRairie got some 8 inch Oscars in the last 3 weeks I know what size they are and I wouldnt worry about 3 3 or 4" oscars in a 45 gallon tank.

Sounds to me like they are working out some dominance seeing as the one laid claim to the whole tank and now you added 2 more. I agree you need to rearrange everything but there is no need to take the fish out.

"Just want to add another tid-bit about live feeders,...If you are having aggression issues now, live feeders will make your fish more aggressive as nurture their "Prey Drive"."

Do you have any evidence to back this up?

"Just want to add another tid-bit about live feeders,...If you are having aggression issues now, live feeders will make your fish more aggressive as nurture their "Prey Drive"."

I don't think we have any scientific evidence :rolleyes: but I do notice more aggression when feeding live food.

The oscars are in a small tank even for one oscar. When you added the two tigers into the tank with the red, the tank was the red oscars. Its his tank and he dose not want to share. If you don't put them in different tanks , things might get bad.

I agree with having 3 oscars is a very bad idea. Oscars are not school fish, so they don't need tank buddies. If you must have oscars for your 240 have 4 oscars and introduce them all at the same time. You will need *dither fish* to house 4 oscars successfully.

any other questions?

:rolleyes:

Nope, you got me there, spreading false info, I'm bad for that...

I've seen this in my own Oscar tanks. I've also read this issue on several Oscar specific forums, but as far as Hard evidence to provide for you today... :tongue: