Amazing Survival Story

SomethingFishy

I recently got a new tank, complete with fish, with 2 neon tetras among a bunch of cichlids and other fish that might see them as snacks. Sure enough, they disappeared, and I felt bad for their untimely demise. But....

This weekend, opened up the filter for some cleaning and surprise of all surprises, 2 neon tetras, ALIVE AND SWIMMING, stuck in the filter pipes. I actually almost flushed them until I noticed the fins where still moving and they were still swimming. So, after netting them out of the toilet, putting them in a container, observing them, and tentatively adding them to my tetra tank.....expecting death imminent....

The very next day, the 2 mislead tetras are now schooling happily with the rest of the neons, colour changed from pale sickly to a happy bright red and blue.

For a fish that is not known for it's longevity and hardiness, these 2 guys are testaments to survival! Just for fun, they get bloodworms as a treat tonight :)

I just thought it was a neat story, wanted to share...

• 2 months later...
I recently got a new tank, complete with fish, with 2 neon tetras among a bunch of cichlids and other fish that might see them as snacks. Sure enough, they disappeared, and I felt bad for their untimely demise. But....

This weekend, opened up the filter for some cleaning and surprise of all surprises, 2 neon tetras, ALIVE AND SWIMMING, stuck in the filter pipes. I actually almost flushed them until I noticed the fins where still moving and they were still swimming. So, after netting them out of the toilet, putting them in a container, observing them, and tentatively adding them to my tetra tank.....expecting death imminent....

The very next day, the 2 mislead tetras are now schooling happily with the rest of the neons, colour changed from pale sickly to a happy bright red and blue.

For a fish that is not known for it's longevity and hardiness, these 2 guys are testaments to survival! Just for fun, they get bloodworms as a treat tonight :)

I just thought it was a neat story, wanted to share...

this story reminds me of my platy story.. i had a batch of fry born 3 months ago.. when i was catching them a few weeks ago to trade off, the mom was so afraid she popped out another baby.. i have a fry, a juvi, and a mom platy.. fish tales.

Edited by BettaBeats