Lighting

bigL

I am looking into buying a new set of lights and I'm stuck between 2 brands:

Coralife 72 Inch Aqualight Pro, 3x250W HQI Lamp + 4x96W CF Lamps Sq. Pin + 4x1W LED

vs

72 inch Current USA Outer Orbit 3x150W 10K HQI-MH w/ 4x96W Dual Actinic & 8 Lunar Lights.

So if anyone has these brand of lights or used them, could you please share some info it would be much appreciated.

Thanks. :thumbs:

I have looked into the sundials, not particularly what I was hoping for. From talking with random people about lights/brands rumor has it that coralife is going out of business unless they were mistaken . Tek lights appear to work well, just where my tank is located I can't have fixtures hanging from the ceiling which is unfortunate. So I was also recommended Aquaticlife brand along with the nova extreme, and by the looks of it they are worth the $. Does it matter if the lights are TOO powerful for the tank, wouldn't it work just as good if not better?

Yea those are the 2 I'm trying to decide on but still have a month or2 before I need the fixtures. Would you know if the Aquaticlife 72" is too powerful for my tank or does it all depend on what bulbs I put in? I'm more in tune with the timer already built in for one less thing to buy and as you mentioned 1 cord instead of 3 :D But if they were too powerful then I would settle for the 72" Nova Extreme Pro 12x39watt. Tek lights have no cooling system, but appear ballasts built in or am I mistaken?

post-4350-1253140356_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Yea those are the 2 I'm trying to decide on but still have a month or2 before I need the fixtures. Would you know if the Aquaticlife 72" is too powerful for my tank or does it all depend on what bulbs I put in? I'm more in tune with the timer already built in for one less thing to buy and as you mentioned 1 cord instead of 3 :D But if they were too powerful then I would settle for the 72" Nova Extreme Pro 12x39watt. Tek lights have no cooling system, but appear ballasts built in or am I mistaken?

I think the AquaticLife 72" would work well. That is the same one I have over my 180. The lighting is bright, probably really good for corals, but you can always switch out the bulbs.