Calling Large Oddball Experts

Slough Shark

I've got a few questions regarding my "dream" tank, I want to set up when I have a shop (and the money for it). Firstly, I'll let you in on the hopeful stocking list:

3x Chitala borneensis (1M/2F if possible, maybe more)

3x Schleropgaes formosus (2 Green, 1 Red)

13x Chromobotia macracanthus

This tank is supposed to be a sort of Borneo biotope, I don't know if these fish actually co-exist in the wild, and don't really care in this case, they will go well together and thats enough for me. So with fish this size there will be a huge space and filtration requirement. I can't even visualize what size tank I will need, so could anyone tell what range I'm going to need? I will take your suggestion and most likely double it.

Will plants work in this situation, or will this have to be strictly a wood and stone tank?

Concerning the arowanas. Can anyone tell me which of the popular strains of red aros has the natural wild-type colouration?

I think that is all the questions I have for now, thanks for any help you can give me!

Taylor

Guest Master of Puppets

Plants may or may not work it depends on the clown loaches, tank size, well about the size of dustins tank. I dont know where you would get the red and green arowanas but I'd imagine they'd be very expensive. Arowanas also should be in groups of 1 or 6 o avoid agression problems (I've just heard this I don't know if its true). Clown knife is the easier to find less expensive one selling around $8.99 to $15.00 each for small ones but they grow about the side of The-Influence's in about a year.